⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Search filter issue with extra column

fredconv

fredconv
  • profile picture

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

Hi
Topic recreated in correct thread : /topic/949-search-filter-issue-with-extra-column/

Quote here :
In my grid from table "projects"
I ve got a project, a code, a priority, and I ve added an extra column "desired actions" that is not in the table "projects"

when i try to make a search on all fields, I got a sql error:
Unknown column 'desired actions' in 'where clause'..
I even tried with a "desired_actions" column name but this doesn't work for me. it seems since this is not a column from the table, it should be excluded from the where clause.

if i search for a specific column, then it works.

Any way to fix or avoid this ?

Thanks

Fred

EDIT : I post this in the wrong thread, this should have been in the bug/issue thread. but i don t know how to move it sorry ..

mryasir

mryasir
  • profile picture

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:01 AM

This library is very useful, thanks for this ...
I am also facing the same issue, with searching and sorting problem with extra fields.

Sorting and searching on call back column (alias column) makes database error, unknow column

Please answer any body,

kannan

kannan
  • profile picture

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

generally grocery crud will work on single table basis. so watever columns you have added through call back column, the columns are not searchable one..

Amit Shah

Amit Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Well this is a known bug and yet to be patched for the release but for time being a solution is provided - here

Happy GCing :)