⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

setrelation_n_n doesn't show items until saved by grocerycrud

dwasden

dwasden
  • profile picture

Posted 26 September 2012 - 13:54 PM

GroceryCRUD is great, but I have run into a showstopper. I am hoping there is a solution.

I created a setrelation_n_n for my categories. It works perfectly, in that if I create a category from within the groceryCRUD (GC) edit form, they are saved and visible when I come back. However I have hundreds of items that already have these database entries (not added by GC) and they are not visible in my groceryCRUD edit form until I change them there. GroceryCRUD does not create duplicates; it updates the existing ones, but after they are edited in GC, they are visible. I am thinking that maybe they cannot initially be seen due to unicode characters or something. I am reporting it as a bug, but if there is some solution I am missing, please let me know.

dwasden

dwasden
  • profile picture

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:28 AM

I will answer my own question here. Turns out it has nothing to do with the collation or character-set. Just my data model design. My n to n relationship was not pointing to the primary key of the main table in the relationship. I made my unique key the primary key, and all was well. sorry for wasting anyone's time.