⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Cannot Edit or Add new

timothyl88

timothyl88
  • profile picture

Posted 07 May 2012 - 15:16 PM

I've followed the setup guide and everything works but when I try to edit a record or add a new record I get errors. On add I get("Error has occurred on insert") and on edit("An error occurred on saving"). What could be causing this? I've tried a fresh install of codeigniter and grocerycrud but still get the same results.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

timothyl88

timothyl88
  • profile picture

Posted 07 May 2012 - 15:21 PM

After much frustration I figured out what was causing the issue. Having:

$config['global_xss_filtering'] = TRUE;
$config['csrf_protection'] = TRUE;

Caused it to fail. Anyway around this?

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 22:11 PM

This is a known issue of grocery CRUD. The only thing that I can suggest is this work around

Bira

Bira
  • profile picture

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

I also have a same issue "[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Error has occurred on insert[/font][/color]", I could't trace it. but my php version is 5.1, any idea?

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

Grocery CRUD supports only PHP version greater than 5.2.7

Please update your PHP version and you will see that everything is working as expected :)

Kindest Regards
Johnny

dux

dux
  • profile picture

Posted 18 July 2013 - 18:09 PM

hi! i'm new to grocery crud and i'm having some problem when adding a record.. when i click on the save button, the record is being saved and the it also clears the form but im receiving this message "an error has occured on insert".. could somebody pls help me on how to get rid of this..

davidoster

davidoster
  • profile picture

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

Hello and welcome to the forums [member=dux].

Pease check this post in order how to debug your application.

Kobus

Kobus
  • profile picture

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

Hey all!

No matter what I do, I get the same error as mentioned above. On insert and update.

I have no errors in Firebug, in fact, in firebug, I get "<textarea>{"success":true}</textarea>"

To me this means that it actually should've worked?

Anybody with any ideas on how to fix this problem? I have done the following:

1. Installed a fresh copy of GC (1.4.1).

2. Disabled CSRF and XSS filtering completely.

3. Ensured that it is not a single module of mine that is not working, but ALL of them, so it is unlikely that there is a coding bug from my side...

4. Removed all non-essential CRUD operations from my code (file uploads, validation, etc., therefore using a vanilla item).

The only thing left for me to try (I think) is to revert back to an older GC, but I do not wish to do so, so hopefully there is another solution.

Thanks in advance,

Kobus

PS: Sorry for greying out info, but the client is REALLY fussy, and we signed serious confidentiality disclaimer...

[attachment=680:error_saving.png][attachment=681:error_saving_2.png]

Kobus

Kobus
  • profile picture

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

Hey again...

I have started to disable all jQuery plugins on the site, and it is working now, even though I do not know what went wrong. I am now going to re-enable one by one until it breaks again. I will keep you updated in the spirit of hoping that this helps someone later on :-)

Kobus

davidoster

davidoster
  • profile picture

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

Good luck [member=kobus].

Let us know about the conflicting js when you know.

Kobus

Kobus
  • profile picture

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

Thanks, David,

It appears to be something in VideoJS and AudioJS javascripts - so on the admin template where I use Grocery CRUD, I do not need those components, so I removed them.

Regards,

Kobus