⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Showing changes when updating field

mjota

mjota
  • profile picture

Posted 19 November 2017 - 23:36 PM

Hi there!

I have created a GC project and it will be used by several users at the same time, page refreshes every 30secs (simple JS)

I would love to have this feature: if during a refreshment, any value has changed, display the field in red or at least show a notice saying that something has changed.

Is it possible? I am a newbie and an amateur so any help is much appreciated.

Thx!!!

Amit Shah

Amit Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:08 AM

Hi there,

This is a special requirement and not something like a generic requirement. Yes, this is quite possible. You can refer to the following url for the idea as how to achieve the same. 

http://www.amitsgarage.com/knowledge-base/grocerycrud/take-control-of-the-add-edit-page/

You will have to take in some prominent steps like pushing in the actual values that you have with u currently to a controller / method, there - it will pull in the fresh set of values and compare with the current values (that you have) .. based on the same you can build a json indicating changes. When returned back, you can take in necessary actions / steps as required.

Remember 1 thing - the above solution shared looks at handling event based on changes for specific field. But in your case - the same can be switched to some timeout function that will keep making ajax calls. 

Hope this clears your query / criteria.

Happy GCing :)