⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Using GC with the AdminLTE theme

shashankshirke285

shashankshirke285
  • profile picture

Posted 07 August 2017 - 22:16 PM

Hi,

I have bought the Bootstrap v4 theme for GC. It is nice and beautiful but is still plain. I was wondering if anybody here has used GC with the AdminLTE (https://adminlte.io/) theme that is available for free?

I searched a bit and found one project on GitHub (https://github.com/waifung0207/ci_bootstrap_3) but this is a bit extensive project. I just wanted a simple wrapper theme (header, footer and sidebar) as offered by the AdminLTE theme.

Any help / guides would be appreciated.

Amit Shah

Amit Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:13 AM

Well, no1 here will be able to teach you as on how to integrate the GC with the theme completely .. u got to explore the way out ... but if u understand the GC architecture.. it have 3 piece that goes in the views... 

1. the styling elements

2. the scripting elements

3. the rendered body

If you open the theme structure - u can then work around adding the styling elements along with other styling elements in the theme (into the header)

Same with the scripting (In the footer ,..most probably)

Now comes the content part... In the theme - u can clearly see the following comment. ..

<!-- Content Wrapper. Contains page content -->

That is where your rendered output of the content will go in..

Hope this helps resolving your quench to integrate the theme

Happy GCing :)

shashankshirke285

shashankshirke285
  • profile picture

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:33 PM

Hi Amit,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I did understand about the views components. The purpose behind creating this post was to know if anyone here has tried to integrated GC with AdminLTE. If I could find anything that would be a nice head start. Nevertheless, I will look into it further as I don't seem to find this particular information here on the forums.

Also I was just wondering if you provide paid customization services for GC? You seem to be very active on these forums and have a lot of useful posts. If you do provide such services let me know, I am from Mumbai as well and would like to take things further.

Amit Shah

Amit Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 08 August 2017 - 16:55 PM

Well i presume it is because not everyone is going to have it integerated with AdminLTE .. so far.. i have integrated the GC with a few themeforest themes.. and it have worked well!!