⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Multiselect dropdown in Selection NN Touch Incompatibility

dhonskie27

dhonskie27
  • profile picture

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:57 AM

Hi. Good day everyone. I just want to share my experience using the selection nn with multi select dropdown i noticed that the selection list is not visible. Only the Add All and Remove All buttons. This means that you can't select the records you want using web browsers in touch devices(mobile and tablet). I check the jquery used in multiselect and I found it in the internet in this link below. Based on my research it is not touch compatible even if you use this and run on your mobile or tablet web browsers the selection list is not visible. http://www.quasipartikel.at/multiselect/ My suggestion is to use this jquery below and integrate it grocery crud so that selection nn multiselect dropdown is compatible in touch devices. http://dropdownchecklist.sourceforge.net/

I already ask this questions before in this thread:

In Topic: Bootstrap theme: dropdown & multiselect touch (smartphone/tablet) issue

I hope someone reply to this question asap. thanks for this very good framework.

SysMora

SysMora
  • profile picture

Posted 26 February 2021 - 09:55 AM

Hi,

i had the same Problem this week an i solved it with this small Code:

Go to the file:

• Grocery_CRUD.php
  • search the function near Line: 2957 -> protected function get_relation_n_n_input($field_info_type, $selected_values)
  • find the line: $css_class = $has_priority_field || $is_ie_7 ? 'multiselect''chosen-multiple-select';
  • add Code before this line:
  • // Hack SysMo 
                    // - detect mobile
                    $ua = strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']);
                    $isMob = is_numeric(strpos($ua, "mobile"));
                    if ($isMob) 
                    { $has_priority_field = false;};
                    // - detect Safari on Mac
                    $isMac = is_numeric(strpos($ua, "macintosh"));
                    $isSafari = is_numeric(strpos($ua, "safari"));
                    $isChrome  = is_numeric(strpos($ua, "chrome"));
                    if ($isMac and $isSafari and !$isChrome)
                    {$has_priority_field = false;};
                // End
  • Now on Mobil-Devices an on Ipad and Mac with Safari you can multiple select Options!   :)