⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Set_Relation breaks search when two tables have the same for a field

michaelh613

michaelh613
  • profile picture

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:16 PM

I have two tables that each have an email field (they represent separate objects)  When I link the two tables together two get one fields value from the second table for display the search functionality breaks because search has an isssue with an ambiguous field name.

I can't rename one of the email fields in the table because it would require too much other code refactoring.

Is there a workaround for this. I don't need a search on email in the second table (or any field there beyond the one I am linking with.

neha546

neha546
  • profile picture

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:04 AM

hello friends,

We all know what it feels like to know a relationship is on its last legs but neither party seems willing to step up and end it. Maybe it's just easier to coast for a while and hope things get better on their own, but you know better than to actually think that's a reasonable strategy, right? Not speaking up when you know your relationship is over is cowardly, and ultimately it's not fair to her either. Sometimes a relationship can stagnate for so long that you can actually forget what it's like to feel totally alive and happy. That dull routine becomes your new benchmark for normal life. Don't let this happen to you.

Rather than riding inertia's wave, take action. Yes, this is going to be hard, but if you are sure you're not happy anymore, the painful experience is worth it.

Rafting in Rishikesh

Maharaja Express

spezialista

spezialista
  • profile picture

Posted 23 November 2017 - 16:30 PM

hello friends,

We all know what it feels like to know a relationship is on its last legs but neither party seems willing to step up and end it. Maybe it's just easier to coast for a while and hope things get better on their own, but you know better than to actually think that's a reasonable strategy, right? Not speaking up when you know your relationship is over is cowardly, and ultimately it's not fair to her either. Sometimes a relationship can stagnate for so long that you can actually forget what it's like to feel totally alive and happy. That dull routine becomes your new benchmark for normal life. Don't let this happen to you.

Rather than riding inertia's wave, take action. Yes, this is going to be hard, but if you are sure you're not happy anymore, the painful experience is worth it.

Rafting in Rishikesh

Maharaja Express

stupido

Amit Shah

Amit Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 23 November 2017 - 16:34 PM

well, this have been an issue around for long. You could have found a solution if u had searched.. but anyways

Do reffer to the link below and u should get your answer

http://www.amitsgarage.com/knowledge-base/grocerycrud/ambigious-field-error-when-using-relation/

Happy GCing :)