⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

How 're-create' the multiselect field style with callback_edit_field

marlaaragao

marlaaragao
  • profile picture

Posted 27 July 2015 - 20:10 PM

Hi!

This probably is a dumb question, but I'm struggling with it for the past 2 days. I have a field that is of type multiselect, so, when i'm in the add action, I just get the information from a relation table and add it to the field, as told in the documentation for multiselect.

However, when I'm in edit action, I need the field to come with the data that was selected before, so I have the callback_edit_field to generate the select field and it's options and the selected ones.

My problem is: my field comes as a simple select field, as in the image below. I used the 'chosen-multiple-select chzn-done' css class but it's not applied (I know that it would not be that simple.). Can anyone help me show this field as the default grocery crud multiselect field? Thank you!

PS.: As I use custom model and a custom query, I could'nt make the relation_n_n work, so that's why I'm using callback to edit field. Thanks!

829jYnI.png

My code for the callback_edit_field:

function _callback_edit_aplicacoes($value, $primary_key) {

$result = '<select id="aplicacoes" multiple="multiple" name="aplicacoes[]" '
                . ' class="chosen-multiple-select chzn-done">';

$aplicacoes = $this->aplicacao->findAll();
        $aplicacoesAdmin = $this->aplicacao->findAllAdmin($primary_key);

if (is_array($aplicacoes) && is_array($aplicacoesAdmin)) {
            foreach ($aplicacoes as $a) {

$result .= '<option value="' . $a->id . '" '
                        . (in_array($a, $aplicacoesAdmin) ? ' selected="selected" ' : '') . ' >' . $a->name . '</option>';
            }
        }
        $result .= '</select>';

return $result;
    }

Thank you!

tomomiha

tomomiha
  • profile picture

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:07 AM

If I understand correctly, try this:

on insert, try to save multiselect options in comma-separated form eg.: 1,2,3,  to database column

and then it will be automatically displayed in edit form, without any need for callbacks.