⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

[Ask] Error While Creating a CRUD using Grocery with Big Data

j-gun

j-gun
  • profile picture

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:34 AM

Dear All,

i'd been create a ordinary CRUD using Grocery with a table contains 84.463 records. As a result, i've getting error 500 Internal Server Error from my browser. Here's my function inside the Reports Controller :

function student_display($test_id=0, $nis=0){	
        $crud = new grocery_CRUD();
        $crud->set_theme('flexigrid');
        $crud->set_table('testing');
	//$crud->set_table('students');

$output = $crud->render();
        $this->_crud_output($output);
}

The strange things is if I uncomment this line "    //$crud->set_table('students');"  and make this line a comments "$crud->set_table('testing');" everything will running well. I've tried to many others table inside my database. Everything running well.

To fulfill my curious, i start an experiments by truncate 84.463 records inside the testing table. The result is, everything running well :D

why it hapends? Did anyone experience with this?

thank you

titu

titu
  • profile picture

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:14 PM

Could you specify the error?

100k records is not that much.

Try adding a primary key.

j-gun

j-gun
  • profile picture

Posted 07 April 2015 - 23:41 PM

The error message is only "Error 500 - Internal Server Error". Yeah is working when i adding a primary key. Why it hapens?

This table is a transactions table, so i think it not neccessary to add a primary key. Unfortunately, Grocery couldn't deal with it.

thanks Titu