⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

callback_upload

KaBaDaBrA

KaBaDaBrA
  • profile picture

Posted 28 February 2012 - 14:20 PM

Hi,

Since this is my first post I just want to say GROCERYCRUD is insanely awesome and has saved me a lot of time. Really awesome piece of work!

I downloaded the latest files from github and noticed there is a "callback_upload" and "callback_after_upload" callback. Is there an example anyone can show me or how this works. After I uploaded an image I would like to call two custom models I wrote to crop and resize the uploaded images.

Thanks in advance! :D

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 22:11 PM

Hello there and welcome to the forum.

You are lucky as I finished this feature yesterday. Actually in your case you just need the callback_after_upload . So when the upload is done then you need to crop and resize the image. You can do this with a simple callback and the given parameters are:

function test_callback_after_upload($uploader_response , $state_info , $_FILES)
{
// return 'Your image cannot cropped are you sure that you gicve the right format? '; //return a string for a custom error or false for the default error.
return true;// if everything goes fine
}

The callback work exactly the same way as all the callbacks in grocery CRUD so to call it you will just have this simple line of code:

$crud->callback_after_upload(array($this,'test_callback_after_upload'));

For more documentation please wait for the new version. Also I will add the croping resizing functionality at version 1.2 , so if it's not something urgent you can wait till the 23th of March that I have the deadline for my self for the new release.

KaBaDaBrA

KaBaDaBrA
  • profile picture

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:15 AM

Thanks web-johnny and you're LEGEN...wait for it because this pause is just to awesome to give up....DARY!!!!!

I will play around with it today and give it a bash - Currently I have an urgent project to get up, already wrote two models for cropping and resizing so when fails I will just call a manual method for now to check images.

Thanks again!!

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:21 AM

Oh I think I found a fan of How I Met Your Mother :D

Thank you for your good words. I really appreciate it.

muonshirata

muonshirata
  • profile picture

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

function resize($uploader_response,$field_info, $files_to_upload){
$this->load->library('image_moo');
$file_uploaded = $field_info->upload_path.'/'.$uploader_response[0]->name;
$thumb = $field_info->upload_path.'/thumbs/'.$uploader_response[0]->name;
$pic = $this->image_moo->load($file_uploaded);
$pic->resize(500,300)->save($file_uploaded,true);
$pic->resize(220,80)->save($thumb,true);
return true;
}

hello everyone i have problem to delete 2 image. how i can delete 2 image? because there is no callback to delete a file upload.

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

As you said for now there is not any callback for delete files. You have to change the library and try to add a callback for the delete. I cannot think about another solution (or workaround) right now.

arif_avi

arif_avi
  • profile picture

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

Its highly forbidden to change the core of any libraries else u will seriously face problems while updating ....

heres a solutions ----

Extend the grocery crud model using ur custom class--- (file path -- libraries folder of ci)
<?php
/**
* Description of my_gc
* @author Arif
*/
class My_gc extends grocery_CRUD {
function __construct() {
parent::__construct();
}

/**
* delete file --- extend parent function and delete the thumbnail
* @param object $state_info
* @param string $filepath -- eg., /www/my_site/assets/images/
*/
protected function delete_file($state_info, $filepath = NULL)
{
$result = parent::delete_file($state_info);
if($result):
if($filepath == NULL):
$upload_info = $this->upload_fields[$state_info->field_name];
$filepath = $upload_info->upload_path."/thumb_".$state_info->file_name;
else:
$filepath = $filepath."thumb_".$state_info->file_name;
endif;

@unlink($filepath);
return true;
endif;

return false;
}
}

?>

Assuming u are saving ur thumbnail files ase --> thumb_filename.ext

heres what u need to do in ur controller ---

$this->load->library('my_gc');
$crud = new My_gc();

Thanks
Arif[attachment=398:my_gc.php]

NewJersey

NewJersey
  • profile picture

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

Is there any easier way to check where to get the file info on a specific field after it was uploaded?

I thought of callbacks for upload but not sure if that will do, as it happens aside from the method I am executing when adding a record that contains the file info.

I get the the url of the file name on that table, but, that's all...? if I have the $_FILES would be the best in my case.

Kind Regards,

Ernani

arif_avi

arif_avi
  • profile picture

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:44 AM

Is there any easier way to check where to get the file info on a specific field after it was uploaded?

I thought of callbacks for upload but not sure if that will do, as it happens aside from the method I am executing when adding a record that contains the file info.

I get the the url of the file name on that table, but, that's all...? if I have the $_FILES would be the best in my case.

Kind Regards,

Ernani

Since GC uses CI's native upload library I guess u should have a look at the $state_info variable which may contain all the values you need(i am not sure though. Will  check once i am free).

More over you could actually use little hack:

1. Use file upload on a field.(so that multipart form type is used)

2. Hide that field using GC'S change field type method.

3. Use callback add field method to add a file field.

4. Then use ur call back on that file field and process the $_Files variable and do what ever you want.

Hopefully that will help

Thanks

Arif

NewJersey

NewJersey
  • profile picture

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:32 AM

Since GC uses CI's native upload library I guess u should have a look at the $state_info variable which may contain all the values you need(i am not sure though. Will  check once i am free).

More over you could actually use little hack:

1. Use file upload on a field.(so that multipart form type is used)

2. Hide that field using GC'S change field type method.

3. Use callback add field method to add a file field.

4. Then use ur call back on that file field and process the $_Files variable and do what ever you want.

Hopefully that will help

Thanks

Arif

Hello Arif!

I was able to use a callback before insert to be able to retrieve the file name of the upload field, with that I was able to read the file bytes and everything else to store it into the db table.

It worked like a charm!

Thanks!

arif_avi

arif_avi
  • profile picture

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

Do share your code with us.

Thanks

Arif

HPM

HPM
  • profile picture