⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Problems on Android

airways

airways
  • profile picture

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

Hey guys, I have just deployed an application and got the following report from one of my users regarding problems that occur on Android's default browser. The version number they gave me is Internet v2.3.4.

I just tried using the mobile website for the challenge and noticed some odd things that may be unique to my device:

• On the first page after login, I can't swipe to view the rest of the rows.

This is refering to the standard listing view in Flexigrid. It appears that the horizontal scrolling does not work properly on Android.

• When trying to create a microblog entry during a daily entry, every
    character I type makes the screen jump to the bottom. It is not ideal
    for making entries longer than 1-2 characters.
  • Saving does not work at all, just sitting here on the page with the message "Loading, saving data..." at the bottom of the page.

Do you guys have Android devices in your testing rotation? I confirmed both of these issues with a Galaxy Player 3.6.

I was able to trace the third issue to some sort of failure with ajaxSubmit - it appears to just die after the success result is returned from the backend, and never triggers any of the callbacks.

victor

victor
  • profile picture

Posted 09 April 2013 - 22:02 PM

Hi Airways! And welcome to the forum!

Which browser do you use for the testing? only defaullt browser?